I’m Tammy Overhoff, the sole creator and owner of this food blog, Gluten-free Italian Eats. I’m thrilled to have you here.
Gluten-free Italian Eats is a trusted resource for gluten-free Italian recipes. I share everything from restaurant-inspired recipes to the homemade Italian classics you remember eating around the Sunday dinner table.
In 2021, I was diagnosed with Celiac, an autoimmune disease where the ingestion of gluten leads to damage in the small intestine. What does this mean? I can’t eat gluten without getting sick.
I ate relatively clean and gluten-free already, so I wasn’t overly concerned about adjusting my diet.
But, I was concerned with giving up Italian food.
Italian food is a huge part of who I am.
Being raised in a large Italian-American family, pasta and pizza were the foods I turned to for comfort and to celebrate. So, when my doctor said I couldn’t eat gluten anymore, I felt as if I was giving up a piece of myself, which made me legitimately sad.
My family is now very much blended with all different backgrounds and cultures. Still, our Italian-American roots have stayed strong and continue to be the beating heart of our family.
Our holidays and family events always include big pots of Sunday sauce with meatballs, a pan of lasagna or baked ziti, chicken or eggplant parmigiana, and every delicious Italian dessert.
What would I eat during the holidays or for Sunday dinner? What about going out to an Italian restaurant, that’s something I also love to do?
Instead of accepting that I could no longer eat Italian food, I created gluten-free versions of my favorite Italian recipes. I didn’t just swap in zoodles or any ole gluten-free pasta for regular pasta!
Nope, my goal was (and still is) to create delicious gluten-free Italian recipes that are amazing and taste like the real thing!
And, now, I share those recipes on Gluten-free Italian Eats so you can get back to the Italian foods you enjoy eating with family and friends.
About My Recipes
I share restaurant-inspired and classic gluten-free Italian recipes. You’ll find mostly appetizers, dinners, and desserts. If you can find it at an Italian feast, you’ll find it here.
All of my recipes include:
- High-quality ingredients. Not only are all of the ingredients I use gluten-free, but each one is minimally processed and free of additives, preservatives, or other junk.
- Product suggestions. We test many gluten-free products and brands, so I’ll suggest the one that works best for each recipe.
- Simple instructions. Just like you, I’m busy and don’t have time for complicated recipes.
- Numerous testing. You can feel confident that I’m only sharing gluten-free Italian recipes that have been tested and retested. I also take feedback from readers who’ve made the recipes and make adjustments if appropriate. Also, all of these recipes are tested and approved by my husband and kids.
- Make-ahead instructions. I give tips on storing each recipe for the week or freezing.
I’m always in the kitchen cooking up new delicious healthy meal prep recipes that you’re entire family will love! So, check back often!
A little bit more about Tammy
- Location: I live in a suburb outside Buffalo, NY, with my husband Mike, our kids, our adorable bullmastiff Kenworth, and loveable lab Ogie.
- Education: I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a Master’s of Education Degree in Higher Education Administration.
- Years I’ve been blogging: 11 years! I started my first blog, Organize Yourself Skinny, in March 2011 and took it full-time in August 2014, and it’s still going strong. If you want clean eating meal prep recipes, then head there.
- Occupation before blogging: I worked at Buffalo State College for 12 years as the Assistant Director of the Health Center. My focus was on health education for college students.
Keeping in Touch
Don’t be afraid to reach out if you have any questions, thoughts, or ideas. I love hearing from readers!
Comment on blog posts – Did you make one of my recipes? I’d love to hear your thoughts or suggestions. Don’t forget to leave a star rating!
Social Media – Currently, you can find me on Instagram and Pinterest.
Email – Send me a direct email to [email protected] – I read all my emails!